Congress and Exhibition “Hydropower Latin America 2018”
British consulting company Vostock Capital has prepared a free report on hydropower investment projects being launched in Latin America in 2019-2025.
Among the 200+ projects mentioned in the report:
- Peru: HYDRICA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Total installed capacity of all hydropower plants will amount to 55.7 MW. The construction cost is valued at $140m.
- Peru: SANTA MARIA. The project comprises a 137-m dam, a reservoir, a 29-km tunnel, and 4 Pelton turbines. HPP capacity amounts to 750 MW. Investment: US $1,600m
- Сhile: LOS CONDORES. Expected capacity is 150 MW. Project investment is estimated at approx. US $ 792m. Expected completion date: 2020
- Argentina: NESTOR KIRCHNER & JORGE CEPERNIC (CÓNDOR CLIFF-BARRANCOSA) - hydropower complex with the capacity of 1.740 MW. Expected cost of the complex to be located in Santa Cruz province will amount to US $5bn
- Bolivia: MIGUILLAS. The installed capacity is 200 MW. Commercial operation of this US $450m project will start in 2019 and others.
Please note that these and other investment projects will be presented during the international Congress and Exhibition “Hydropower Latin America 2018” (3-4 October, Santiago, Chile). The congress is supported by Chile’s Ministry of Energy.